verse of the day

Thursday 10 February 2022

For thou art gone backward/ ( Jeremiah 15 v 6)

 I was speaking with a Christian and she mentioned a number of her family including her husband,and  son whom she said had backslidden. I understood what she meant, for as I look back on my early life,as a  youngster I trusted Jesus,and then I went away,later I came back,then later on I went away,then a week before my 20th birthday the Lord in his great mercy restored me, that was nearly 58 yrs ago. Since then I have sought to be faithful by God's grace,yet I have two brothers who one could say are backslidden. Those words from Jeremiah 15 v6 ,'For thou art gone backward',where spoken by God as regards Israel, that special people blessed beyond many,and yet time after time they backslid turned away from the God who loved them with an everlasting love, a love that they continually spurned.And yet God was not finished with them, as He was not finished with me,God is the great restorer,the words of an old hymn,come to mind,'When I would wander from the path astray, then He will draw me back into the way'. No matter how far you have wandered from God,and no matter how long its been since you wondered  away from God,He the good Shepherd can restore you,if you return and seek Him.

                                                       I've wandered far away from God.

                                                       Now  I'm coming home. 

                                                       The paths of sin to long I've trod

                                                       Now I'm coming home.

                                                       Coming home ,coming home,

                                                       Never more to roam,

                                                       Open wide Thou Thine arms of Love

                                                       Lord  I'm coming home.

                                                                Words W,J, Kirkpatrick.

                           


No comments: