verse of the day

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Accepted. ( Luke 15 v 11 - 32 )

 I like football and when I was young I even played in a team,and supported a local team,now I follow a Premier league side.Over these last few years  they have struggled and have been disappointing in their performances ,one feels like not watching them, but of course I will. There is a bigger lesson to be learnt from this, when  I consider myself, and it goes without saying I'm far from being   perfect, when I was  young I trusted the Saviour, but I went away from Him, but praise be to God He didn't give up on me. When we read the history of Israel, my they blew it so many times, yes time after time, after time, but in spite of their dreadful history God never get up on them. In one of my daily readings, the writer told of an experience while he was on holiday ,as he was sitting reading his Bible, a young man approached him and his wife,he was nervous, and he spoke to them and said he had been in prison,he went on to ask,'' Do you think that God really cares about people like me?''. They assured him He did,and then he said ,''I wish my parents would forgive me to''.Very sad ,I prayed for him that he might feel loved and accepted by our wonderful Saviour, and that his parents may forgive him and accept him.

No comments: