verse of the day

Friday 11 February 2022

An invitation. ( John 4 v 7 -26 )

When I was young our family to say the least would be, by todays standards, considered poor.There was no possibility of pocket money,or indeed of any money.So if one of our friends had a birthday party we looked forward to going and enjoying the goodies on offer. But I remember one of our friends had a birthday party, but we were excluded, we never got an invitation ,boy what a let down, we were disappointed. I suppose its wonderful to go to Buckingham Palace to see the Queen,so far it hasn't happened to me,but we live in hope.But here's a wonderful invitation by someone greater that the Queen,it is an invitation from Jesus ,who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.One writer put what Jesus said  like this,'Are you tired?,Worn out? Burned out on religion ? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill fitting  on you. Keep company with Me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly'These words are based on Matthew 11 v28-29 ,why don't you accept that invitation? ,you will never regret it ,if you do.

                                                      'I heard the voice of Jesus say,

                                                       Come unto me and rest;

                                                       Lay down, thou weary one,lay down

                                                       Thy head upon My breast,

                                                       I came to Jesus as I was,

                                                       Weary and worn and sad,

                                                       I found in Him a resting place,

                                                       And He has made me glad.

                                                            Words H. Bonar.

No comments: