verse of the day

Tuesday 1 February 2022

I can't see. ( Job 23 v 10 )

 i  remember a song years ago and it was very popular sung by Doris Day,words by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans  ,and here are some of the words from it,'Que sera,sera, what ever will be ,will be,the future's  not ours to see'. Consider the words ,'the future's not ours to see',none of us know what the future will be ,that seems obvious.And yet many want to know the future,they look to the stars,crystal balls, I remember working with a young man ,who said he  had a gift of reading tea leaves, and that supposedly told one what the future held . It was the prophets of old like Daniel, Jeremiah that had a knowledge of the future . God may reveal  the future to certain individuals,but most of us will not know the future.Joseph Parker wrote a hymn ,here are some of the words.

                                              God holds the key of all unknown and I am glad;

                                              If other hands should hold the key

                                              Or if He trusted it to me,

                                              I might be sad.

                                              I cannot read His future plans;But this I know;

                                              I have the smiling of His face

                                              And all the refuge of His grace

                                              While here below.

                                              Enough ,this covers all my wants,and so I rest;

                                               And in His care I saved shall be   

                                              Forever ever blest.

No comments: