verse of the day

Thursday 3 February 2022

I saw the light. ( John 9 )

 Sometimes in life we struggle and we retreat into ourselves,we think that no one cares for us.It may be we  are overwhelmed by life,experiencing rejection, loneliness ,loss,always seem to be misunderstood,you may be considering suicide.I am sure many people, more than we realise, think about it,thankfully that's all they do,but sadly many actually do commit suicide.Do try and talk to someone, pray ,you may not be a Christian but you can still talk to God ,tell him how you feel, hold nothing back,you cant shock God.The Bible is full of many people who have felt despair,and they cried unto God and He heard and answered them.We read of a man, a jailer who found himself  in a position, where suicide seemed the only option,but he heard one of the prisoners,shouting out to him,''Don't harm yourself'',and he didn't, yes he was saved from suicide,but it didn't stop there,for he discovered the most important life changing event in his whole life,Jesus became his Saviour, no longer was he lost,no longer was life a black hole,  It was Hank Williams who wrote and sung a song called,' I saw the light',here is a few verses of it.

                                                  ' I wandered so aimless life filled with sin,

                                                    I wouldn't let my dear Saviour in,

                                                    Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night,

                                                     Praise the Lord I saw the light.

                                                     Just like the blind man I worried along,

                                                     Worries and fears I claimed for my own,

                                                     Then like the bind man that God give back his sight,

                                                      Praise the Lord I saw the light.

No comments: