verse of the day

Friday 3 December 2021

Not forgotten. ( Ephesians 6 v 10 - 20 )

I was asked to lead the intercessory prayer in our church,I  chose the subject of suffering that our Christian family is enduring throughout  the world. As I  began to start,it struck me that at my ten years at this church,I never once heard it mentioned,not once,even though it is pretty  horrendous . The media never mention it,I suppose they don't want to stir up trouble,yet sometimes there is a mention of human rights abuses. When I had finished ,a couple of  people thanked me for my prayer,one  a young girl was interested in getting information about the suffering church.The writer of Hebrews  in 13 v3 says this,'Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison,and those who are ill -treated as if you yourselves were suffering'.Why is it that many Christians do not take this to heart?,can they not at least pray for them?, it was our Lord before He went to glory who said ,' A new command I give you;love one another .As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another'. John 13 v 34 - 35.

                                                                  A prayer.

                                Dear Lord we pray for those who   walk in the path of 

                                suffering, who tread in that blood stained path to glory.

                                 Grant them courage,strength,  and the grace not to give up,

                                  and to remember, it will be worth it all when they see 

                                                                Jesus. Amen.

               


                              

No comments: