verse of the day

Monday 27 December 2021

I found the answer. ( John 14 v 6 )

 Bono the singer ,in his younger days was seeking a deeper meaning  of life,he was on a  spiritual retreat,and he heard a song,one particular line in it spoke to him.It goes,'But I still haven't found  what I'm looking for',I do not know who wrote it,but it touched Bono, could it be that's the way you feel ?,is there an answer?,I believe there is,what is it?,or should I say who is it?.I remember 57 years ago,it was a Sunday evening,nothing much to do on Sunday, I was standing  on my  own,it didn't seem that life had much to offer me.In the providence of God a Christian couple I knew,where on their way to Church,I asked them could I go with them?,they said yes.that night I found what I was looking for,Christ. As I said that was 57 years ago,I wasn't looking for Christ that evening,like Bono , but I was seeking something ,and instead I found someone ,who has made a difference in my life. Fifty seven years ago, I found there is a meaning to life,and that meaning was to be found in Him.I look back and am amazed that I know such a person, who loves me,cares for me,is with me,the old hymn says,'No one ever cared for me like Jesus',no one, and when you find Him,you know you have found what you have been looking for.

No comments: