verse of the day

Thursday 16 December 2021

A failure? (1) ( Isaiah 53 )

 Some people think that Christ failed,because he was crucified, but  not so, we must understand, that is why Christ came.His death and the very nature of His death was foretold by the prophets,I commend to you Isaiah 52/53,also Psalm 22,there are many other scriptures,that relate to His death.He knew that He was going to die on a cross Matthew  26 v 1-2 .John 12 v 32-33. He was always aware that He was going to die on a cross,it did not take Him by surprise ,John 12 v 27. His whole life was one walk to His death on the cross, He was not forced to do it,He did it willingly,in John 10 v17- 18,we read,' I lay down my life --No one takes it from me,but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again'.He could have called the armies of heaven to rescue Him Matthew 26 v 53,but He didn't,no He went as a lamb to the slaughter Isa 53 v 6.the bravest of the brave,determined to do the Fathers will.Luke 22 v 42.We will continue this next time,

No comments: