verse of the day

Saturday 11 September 2021

Unchanging . ( Hebrews 13 v 5 - 8 )

 I read this recently,'I've learnt to work the coffee machine at home. We've only had it four years', I appreciate those words, new phones make me nervous,also new lap tops.I am from a different generation,I remember my early school days,it seems before ball point pens were invented, so we used a pen with a nib on  it,and there was an inkwell on the desk .Those were the days I thought they would never end,but they did ,so many things have changed in my life time,yesterdays treasures are todays cast off's.We watch the news and we observe change on a massive scale,climate change, political change, fashion change,it is change, change, change.Sometimes we make the changes in our lives ,other times change is thrust upon us. That divorce we didn't want, we meant our wedding vows,but it has not worked out, and so we have to adopt, health change comes upon us,and we find ourselves coping, just about with the challenges that brings.Change,change,change, and more change, but here is the good news ,a word from God's word, ' I the Lord do not change'. Malachi 3 v 6. I will leave you with two versus from a hymn by Horatius Bonar.

                                                             My love is often low,

                                                             My joy still ebbs and flows;

                                                             But peace with Him remains the same,

                                                             No change Jehovah knows.

                                                             I change, He changes not;

                                                            The Christ can never die;

                                                            His love, not mine, the resting place;

                                                            His truth,not mine, the tie.

                                                             

                                                              


                                                   

No comments: