verse of the day

Thursday 9 September 2021

I can't get no satisfaction. ( John 4 v 13 - 14 )

 Just recently one of the the Rolling  Stones group has died,his name was Charlie Watts, he was ages eighty, he was a great drummer. I never took much interest in the RS  music, but I do remember one of their hits , 'I can't get no satisfaction', it is because they don't try,oh no, one line of the song goes,'Cause I try and  try and try and I try'. So it was not for the want of trying, it means everything was tried but to no avail. Such is the words of a song. Jeffrey Epstein was a billionaire , and yet he wasn't satisfied,so he turned to abusing young girls.The world is full of so many people,who no matter how much they try, can't get any satisfaction, yes they try and try and try.One of my favourite books is ,'The Wind in the Willows', by Kenneth Grahame, the characters in it are wonderful,Ratty,Mole, Badger,and of Toad of Toad Hall. Toad was wealthy ,he was always trying new things,boating, caravanning, cars,nothing appeared to satisfy.There are multitudes in this world and they are running on empty, no satisfaction can they find, but they try and try and try.Shakespeare wrote the following,a Countess asked  a question to a clown,'Tell me the reason why thou wilt marry,?' the Clown answered,'My poor body, madam, requires it; I  am driven by the flesh, and he must needs go that the devil drives'.The fact is ,the flesh will never be satisfied.

                                                     O Christ, in Thee my soul hath found,

                                                     And found in Thee alone,

                                                     The peace, the joy I sought so long,

                                                     The bliss till now unknown.

                                                     Now none but Christ can satisfy,

                                                     None other name for me,

                                                     There's love and life, and lasting joy,

                                                     Lord Jesus found in Thee.

No comments: