verse of the day

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Perish the thought. ( 1 Peter 1 v 6 - 9 )

 It is David Atkinson in his book on Job, writes, ' There are times when we are tempted to give up on God altogether, or believe that he must have given up on us'. I wonder how I would feel if I experienced  the pain that Job  felt,at the loss of his children,possessions,and health?. His wife told him to curse God and die,then his three friends turned up,and they were not a lot of good,Job  called them miserable comforters.  I am reminded of what Jacob said in the midst of his troubles,'Everything is against me', I wonder if you have ever said this,or thought it?.Contrary to what some people say ,that wealth health and prosperity should be our lot. We look at many of the saints in the Bible, and observe the difficulties they had to face,and through out history  so many lovely Christians suffered a great deal. King David suffered a great deal,in one time of trouble he declared,'My  heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen on me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.' and then he declares,'Oh that I had wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. I would  flee far away and stay in the desert;' Psalm 55 v 4 - 7.He is honest enough to admit to us how he felt, he didn't go around with a forced smile on his face.As we look a David's history we see clearly that God never give up on him,and He will not give up on you or me,never, He has promised us that He will never leave us,and will never forsake us. Hebrews 13 v 5.As for us giving up on God,perish the thought,I heard a preacher say this,'There are no advantages in giving up on God,' none whatsoever,let me assure you ,that on your own it will be harder, take my word for it.

No comments: