verse of the day

Thursday 23 September 2021

Such love. ( Ephesians 3 v 14 - 21)

 There is a little children's chorus which goes,

                                               Wide ,wide as the ocean, high as the heavens above,

                                               Deep, deep as the deepest sea is my Saviours love,                                

                                               Though I'm unworthy, still I'm a child of His care.

                                                For his word teaches me ,that His love reaches me

                                                                         EVERYWHERE

The Love of God truly is amazing, profound, mind blowing ,astonishing, with out comparison, unique,beyond belief, marvellous. These are just some of the words that I feel that emphasises the greatness and wonder of God's love. This Love is manifested  through Jesus,towards a world that is in rebellion, to a world undeserving of any such love.This love spelled out the only hope for lost mankind, the only answer for you and me. The symbol of that love is a cross, before it became a symbol of love,it was symbol of cruelty and suffering, but changed into an alter were Jesus the Lamb of God ,would bear our sins.

                                                          Such love,pure as the whitest snow;

                                                          Such love, weeps for the shame I know

                                                          Such love, paying the debt I owe;

                                                           O Jesus, such love.

                                                           Such love, stilling my restlessness;

                                                           Such love, showing me holiness;

                                                           O Jesus, such love.

                                                           Such love,springs from eternity;

                                                           Such love, fountain of life for me;

                                                           O Jesus, such love.

                                                                 Words Graham Kendrick.

 


No comments: