verse of the day

Sunday 12 September 2021

Telling others. ( Acts 1 v 8 )

 Regularly I pray that God will help me to be a witness for Him, now witnessing involves two things,our  lives,our dear Saviour said people are known by their fruits,not their suits,James stresses the fact of showing our faith, that is by our good works, and Peter tells us that we are to live holy and godly lives (MT  7 v 20 / James 2 v 18 / 2 Peter 3 v 11) The other kind of witnessing is by speaking to people about Christ, today I managed to do that, what I find God does  lead me us  to people to speak to. If you pray for God  to help you to witness to people He will,He will lead you  to people, for some people that's very scary, very intimidating, but He will help you, as He helps me. Be wise and humble in your witnessing, not argumentative,sometimes people are over zealous, and that's not good.Speak the truth in love, both go together, truth without  love is a hinderance, love with truth will attract people to Christ. Leave the results with God, pray for those you speak to, that He will honour your witness, many of us are just sowers of the word, it is God who will give the increase.

No comments: