verse of the day

Sunday 26 September 2021

Lost (1 ) ( Matthew 9 v 36 )

 I could not find it, a sense of panic  was beginning to set in,were did I last have,it?.  What was I looking for ?, you probably have guessed,it was my wallet, with two bank cards in it, well silly Billy that I am, I found it, panic over, and then I uttered a thank you to God In this age of technology ,why can't they invent something that would help us at times like this?,who knows they may .Loosing a wallet or whatever can be stressful ,mobile phones are another problem ,and so we can go on. There used to be a place called a lost and found department, they may still exist,one of the major themes in the Bible is taken up with that very thing. That which is lost and that which is found, the lost is humanity,consider, we all from day one ,are classed as being lost.You may have someone say to you,'are you lost?'. Well let me ask you, are you lost?, you may think , what a silly question,but its not.for the bible tells us,'We're all like sheep who've wandered off and are lost',( Isaiah  53 v 6).This wandering off  is a deliberate act by humanity, of  us going away from God. A favourite song comes to mind,'I did it my way ',these words sum up humanities lostness, no longer do we acknowledge God's way, or want  God's way,so the result is, we are lost. Do think about this, we will continue this next time.

                                                            No one is truly wise; no

                                                            one is seeking after God.

                                                                  Romans 3 v 10.

No comments: