verse of the day

Monday 7 June 2021

You need help? ( Psalm 40 )

 Here is a word for today to those who are facing difficulties ,'It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me', ( Isaiah 50 v 9) Consider those words the Sovereign Lord. Take your eyes of the challenges you face, the enemies you may be facing , the needs you may have, the protection you may need, look to God who is sovereign, your God, he will not fail you. Do not doubt, but trust Him, His help is certain, do not fear the  reproach of mere  mortals or be terrified by their insults ( Isaiah 51 v 7). In  Isaiah 50 v2  God speaks to His weak children, who were full of doubts and fears ,and says, 'was my arm too short to deliver you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you?. One commentator puts it like this ,' Do you think I've forgotten how to help? Am I so decrepit that I can't deliver? I'm as powerful as ever'.  He has not forgotten you, 'Can a  mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?   though she may forget , I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands'  (Isaiah 49 v 15 - 16 ) So look to your Sovereign God ,the one who has made heaven and earth, and the one who will help you.

No comments: