verse of the day

Monday 14 June 2021

The best made plans ( Psalm 107 v 7 )

 I had arranged to visit a friend, but I felt unwell ,so I had to cancel my visit, often the plans we make don't work out. When David was sent to take provisions to his brothers, he ended up facing a giant. likewise when Joseph was sent to see how his brothers were, he ended up in Egypt as a slave. We often need to be reminded that God  is sovereign ,our lives are in His  hands, in Psalm 31v 15,we read, ' that our times are in Gods hands'. and in Jeremiah  10 v  23, we read ,' that is not in man who walks to direct his steps'. People act as if they are sovereign and in control, don't be fooled they are not. When Abrahams servant was sent to get a wife for his son Isaac ,it was not by chance that he was led right to  the girl who become Isaac's wife, he thanked God ,and declared ,''The Lord led me''. (Gen 24 v 27 ). Yes we make our plans, but it is the Lord who directs our steps ( Proverbs 20 v 24 ). Yes we make our plans, but God has a plan, and He will cause all things to fit in, with His plan, not ours. In my life I had my plans,  as to where I might serve God, in  the end His will prevailed. In proverbs 3 v 5-6, we read,' Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.' these words are important, the apostle tells we in Romans 8 v 26, 'That we do not know what to pray for', but He does, and He make no mistakes, We are told, to trust God with all  our hearts, so total trust is vital. Verse 6, tells us something else that is important, that we are to acknowledge God in all our ways and He will direct our paths'.

                                                   I know who holds the future,

                                                   And He'll guide me with His hand,

                                                   With God things  don't just happen,

                                                    Everything by Him is planned;

                                                    So as I face tomorrow

                                                    With its problems large and small,

                                                     I'll trust the God of  miracles,

                                                    Give to Him my all.

                                                        



No comments: