verse of the day

Friday 4 June 2021

Come Home. ( Luke 15 v 11- 24 )

Here is what God had to say to Israel ,'' If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well being like  the waves of the sea. Your descendants would have been like the sand, your children like its  numberless grains; their name would never be blotted out nor destroyed from before Me.'' But the thing is ,they did not listen, they continually disobeyed God, turned from the paths of righteousness, to paths of wickedness and sinfulness. They would have been indestructible ,no one could have defeated them, they would have been truly blest. If only, if only, as I look back on my life , I feel a degree of sadness, for as young lad I went away from the Lord, I know if I had only stayed with the Lord my life could have been better. There are no advantages in leaving Gods way, and going back to your old ways, none whatsoever. I don't dwell on it, but I do think on it occasionally, nevertheless, thankfully God is merciful ,and forgiving, and He restored me to Himself. If  you  like me ,and like Israel ,have strayed  from God, come back, God still loves you.

                                                      I've wandered far away from God;

                                                      Now I'm coming home;

                                                      The pats of sin too long I've trod;

                                                       Lord , I'm coming home.

                                                       I've wasted many precious years;

                                                       Now I'm coming home;

                                                       I now repent with bitter tears;

                                                       Lord , I'm coming home.

No comments: