verse of the day

Thursday 10 June 2021

The man in the pub. ( Hebrews 9 v 27 )

 Returning to the second man I witnessed to,  the man in the pub, it was rough place, it reminded me afresh of  the fact  that  Christ came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance ( Matthew 9 v 13) I feel many have forgotten this. We expect people to come into the church buildings, instead of  obeying the go ,in the Gospel. It was C.T, Studd  who said, ''Some want to live within the sound of  church or chapel bell. I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell''. So there I was in a pub, simply to watch a football match, I sat near a man, and started up a conversation with him, he told me different things about himself. I told him a bit about myself , and it led to an opportunity to witness to him. He told me two things about himself, one, how bad he had been, to bad to be forgiven. Of  course this is not true, every Christian is but a sinner saved by God's wonderful grace, and the whole reason why Jesus came, was to save sinners.  No matter how wicked we have been when we trust Jesus, He will forgive all our sins. The next thing he told me was ,''when your dead , your dead'', in other words ,that's all there was ,but of course he was very wrong, the resurrection of our Saviour proved that. The word of God reminds us clearly that death is not the end, and we will all stand before God the judge in the person of Jesus. For those who have not accepted Jesus as their Saviour,  hell awaits, for those who have , heaven awaits.

No comments: