verse of the day

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Not Hereditary. ( John 3 v 7 )

 Recently I witnessed to two people. one in the street and one in a pub, the first one was a lady ,I asked her did she know Jesus as her Saviour?. She did not give me a straight answer, she mention a relative who had been, a theologian ,indicating that should  answer my question. But it didn't, so I asked her again  so she said she did, I had to leave it at that, but I wondered ,did she really know Jesus as her Saviour?, I hope so, all I would say is this, salvation is not hereditary, it comes through  us personally trusting Jesus, to save us. Jesus  said. we must be born again.

                                                                    John  1 v 11 - 13

                                     'He ( Jesus )   came to His own people, and they rejected Him. But

                                    to all who believed Him, He gave the right to become children of God.

                                   They are reborn- not with a physical  birth resulting from human passion

                                   or plan, but a birth that comes from God.'


No comments: