verse of the day

Sunday 20 June 2021

Grace in Trials. ( 2 Corinthians 12 v 9 )

 I have a book called 'The Valley of Vison', it comes from a time ,when  many Christian were known as Puritans, they were strict ,but very godly people, They get a bad press, being seen as kill joys I do not believe that was true, they were people who wanted to purify the  church. So here is one the prayers from  the ,Valley of Vision.

                                                    O Lord,  giver of all grace ,I look

                                                    to Thee for strength to maintain them in me,

                                                    for it is hard to practice what I believe.

                                                    Strengthen me against temptations. My

                                                     heart is an unexhausted fountain of sin,

                                                     a river of corruption since childhood days,

                                                     flowing on in every pattern of behaviour;

                                                     Thou hast disarrned me of the means in which I trusted,                        

                                                     and  I have no strength  but in Thee. 

                                                     Thou alone canst hold back my evil ways,

                                                     but without Thy grace to sustain me I fall.

                                                     Satan's darts quickly inflame me, and the 

                                                     shield that should quench them easily  drops 

                                                     from my hand; Empower me against his wiles

                                                    and  assaults, keep  me sensible of  my weakness,

                                                     and of my dependence upon Thy strength.

                                                     Let every trial teach me more of Thy peace,

                                                     more of Thy love.  Thy Holy Spirit  is given to

                                                     increase Thy graces, and I  cannot preserve or

                                                    or improve them, unless He works continually 

                                                    in me. May He confirm my trust in thy  promised help,

                                                    and let me walk humbly in dependence upon Thee,

                                                                           For  Jesus sake,

                                                                                 Amen .

                                                     

 


                                    

No comments: