verse of the day

Thursday 14 February 2019

Reckless faith. ( Hebrews 11 v 8 )

One of my boys has just received a call to the ministry,it means leaving a well paid job, for a lesser paid job. I was speaking to him on the phone ,and he mentioned the day before the church  was going to meet and pray and anoint him, he was becoming a bit anxious,but the next morning he felt a peace.He mentioned the words of a song that spoke to him,called 'Reckless love'. Then I spoke to him about reckless faith, what do I mean by that?,well I thought of my calling, how I left my job to go to Bible college.I had no grant ,I had no money ,I mean it, I had no saving.I had then three children,and so started a reckless faith. Humanly speaking it was reckless thing to do,but for 4 years we lived by faith,trusting God ,and of course our faith was tested. It was a reckless thing to do , based on a reckless faith in a God who calls us to trust Him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   His call we obey like Abram of old,                                                                                                         Not knowing our way, but faith makes bold,                                                                                             For though we are strangers we have a good guide,                                                                                 And trust, in all dangers, the Lord will provide.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        (  John Newton )                                                     

No comments: