verse of the day

Friday 15 February 2019

Living by faith ( Philippians 4 v 19

Living by faith as I said brought its challenges, to get enough  enough to feed us on ,often I prayed those words we all know,yet may not know what it was like to have no food, in ones home,' give us this day our daily bread'. God met our needs ,there were times we received gifts from an anonymous donor, one man in our church used to give me two pound most weeks,small but very important. A friend in the church had a caravan which she allowed us to have a holiday,we wondered why there was swelling on the ceiling ,we soon found out,when it rained.A friend came and picked us up to bring us home, her name was Helen ,and she left us some shopping,another need met. The fees for college were reasonable, I was not living in ,but we had no money, but God provided,and when we finished ,we did not owe anything.I sought not to ask people for money, but we prayed ,and as our Saviour said,'ask and you shall receive.During one college recess I did voluntary work in the south of Ireland, doing personal evangelism, it was a step of faith,I had to leave my wife and children at home,when I came home my wife Eileen told me, how one day there was no food in the house  ,by faith she took a shopping bag out, trusting God to fill it ,as she went out the door, a friend came with a gift..

No comments: