verse of the day

Friday 8 February 2019

Love, compulsory. ( 1 John 4 v 19 -21 )

   Sometimes we find it easier to forgive  sinners than the saints,that is our fellow Christians,all  Christians are saints,but they don't always act very saintly. And yet the challenge is for Christian to love one another,and that is not optional,it is a command by our lovely Saviour,''My command is this; Love each other as I have loved you''.Recently I was angry at a certain person, a Christian,and the Lord said to me,'forgive them for my sake'.We may ask why should I love or forgive that person,especially if they are a Christian they should know better, yes they should,but then we all do things we shouldn't. Jesus spoke to a crowd of religious people who wanted Jesus to agree to a lady who was caught in adultery, to be stoned to death,what did he say? , ''If anyone of you is without sin, let him be first to throw a stone at her'.( Read John 8 v 1 - 11)  Any person who refuses to forgive,who refuses to love,excludes themselves from a forgiving and loving God. ( C P Matthew 6 v 12/  15/  1 John 4 v 8./ v 20 )

No comments: