verse of the day

Thursday 7 February 2019

Dress code. ( 1 Peter 5 v 5 )

As a preacher I go to churches where they have a dress code,I can  understand that ,and I would try to go along with it. It is when they start to put a spiritual emphasise on it I take exception. When you ask them why one should wear a tie,or why you should not take ones coat off when preaching , you are  told that God expects us to dress in a certain way when we come to minister ,that means wearing a tie. Or they say if  you were going to visit the queen you would not go any old way,let me say this , I dress very nice when I go to preach, because I like to wear those nice clothes that I have bought. but I can assure you God unlike us is not in the least bit interested in how I am dressed when I stand and preach, think about it,when a person stands up to preach without a tie on ,God says how awful he hasn't got a tie on ,I will strike him with a thunderbolt,does He expects me to bless his ministry dressed like that, I will not do it.I wonder how the greatest of prophets would have said to that,dressed with clothes made of camel's hair. (  Matthew 3 v 4 )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              1 Samuel 16 v 7                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at                                                                                   Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord                                                                                 looks at the heart.''

No comments: