verse of the day

Saturday 29 August 2015

I must have. [ Matthew 28 v20]

This morning the words of an old hymn came into my mind,/I must have the Saviour with me,for I dare not walk alone/.I think back to those days when I did it my way,the bad old days,in those days I walked alone like the poet ,I wandered lonely as a cloud.But now things are different,yes I do feel lonely, at times,but I am not alone.I have the Saviour with me.When Moses died,Joshua must have felt very inadequate, anxious, possible isolated,no longer could he rely on the man of God,he was gone. All sorts of feelings were pressing in upon him,the Lord knew how he felt,and so He spoke to him.Today, listen to the whispers of Jesus,listen to the whispers of Jesus.What did God say to Joshua?,'I will be with thee,I will not fail thee,nor forsake thee[Joshua 1 v5]When Jesus was leaving and returning to heaven,consider how His disciples must  have felt,he was leaving them,in one sense ,but in another sense He wasn't.he would be with them in the person of the Holy Spirit,and so He says,I am with you always, even unto the end of the age[Matthew 28 v 20]
                                          A prayer
Dear Saviour we thank you that you have assured us that you are with us always,and that no matter what changes come into our lives,that wonderful
truth will never change.Amen.
  [ I will return to my Blog on Monday,  every blessing, Bill]

No comments: