verse of the day

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Contentment. [ Philippians 4 v 11-19]

I saw a friend,I had not seen for a while,and I asked after her husband, and his job, which is demanding,and she replied,he has a job. It was a matter of fact answer,and yet it was a very clear,and positive ,no complaining.
It made me think of my job history,some, or most of the jobs I worked at,
where far from perfect,a labouring job,a factory job,a cleaner,and others I could mention. The wages were usually not great,and the work not very interesting,and I found some of them hard to cope with,but I had job.These jobs kept me occupied,give me a social contact,and we had enough to live on,like my friend said,about her husband ,'he had a job'.Things may not always be what we would want them to be,but may be we need to see,
beyond life's shortcomings,to Gods mercies,and therewith be content.
                                         A prayer,
Dear God we ask that you would help to cope with whatever situation you have placed us in,to see the mercies,and to be content,we ask this in Jesus name Amen.


No comments: