verse of the day

Monday 1 December 2014

Carry me through. [Isaiah 43 v3 ]

I'm sure the apostle Paul did not like the fact that he had to live with a thorn in the flesh,day in , day out,but that is the way it  was. None of us like hearing from our doctors, you will have to learn to live with it, Jacob had to live with a permanent limp[Genesis 32v25].Job had to live with the loss of  his ten children, [Job 1 v19],Ezekiel had to bear with the loss of his wife,it appears that some things have to be borne,that there is no quick fix .Of course God will grant us His all sufficient grace,but it is grace to bear the thing in our lives,not the removal of it. Of course God may grant us healing ,may lift the heavy burden from our lives,and yet He may not.A few
years ago I used to pray a prayer by Joyce Meyer,which I found helpful,so let us finish with this prayer.
                                      A  prayer.
God, I don't like this, but some reason I need this experience to fulfil Your destiny in my life. I believe it will work out for my good,even though it doesn't feel good right now. I cast my cares upon You,and ask You to carry me through this situation. in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: