verse of the day

Monday 22 December 2014

Face the fact. [ Matthew 9 v 37-38]

I hope I am not despairing when I ask the question,where are the prophets
today?,those men who spoke with the voice of God. I remember a man call W.P.Nicholson whom God raised up and was used by God in a mighty way,in Ulster. My dear gran was converted under his ministry,he was to all accounts a rough diamond,but he was Gods rough diamond.The prophets of old had a limited success,on the whole the nation of Israel did not listen,it is still not listening,their Jewishness appears more important to them,than Gods word,and embracing their Messiah.There are many reasons why they
are still Christ rejecters,but the main reasons why, they should accept Jesus
 He is the promised Messiah. Now coming back to the thought on prophets,
would this nation,would even the church accept them or their message?.
I of course do not know,but I wonder would they?,my hope and prayer would be,that they would,after all this is the day of grace. Praise God that He is still in the work of saving sinners,oh I have used that word again,
sinners,I hope you are not offended,but you are a sinner ,as I am,and unless one is prepared to accept that fact,the preacher or the prophets message will
be in vain.
                                  A prayer.
Dear God look upon our nations in mercy,send forth anointed servants to speak with Your voice,and grant that there will be a turning to Jesus Amen

No comments: