verse of the day

Wednesday 3 December 2014

God holds the key of all unknown. [Psalm 75 v6 ]

Recently I was asked by a person in the church I attend if I would put my name forward to be a deacon. I said that I would think and pray about it,I spoke to him later,saying I did not feel I was a deacon ,I was a pastor,a minister of Gods word,he replied that he felt the leadership needed that
pastoral gifting. So I agreed but not totally convinced that this was for me
I prayed about it,asking God to choose what was right for me.When the church met to vote ,I did not get elected,I must confess that I felt a  bit embarrassed,and yet I know there are no second causes ,God is sovereign,He opens doors ,He closes doors,I did not have any conviction about being a deacon,so I praise God for making the decision for me.As I look back on life I can appreciate this more and more,the fact that ,God holds the key of all unknown,and I am glad.
                                               A  prayer
Dear God we praise You that Your way, and your will is always best,help us to see that are disappointment are so often for our good, in Jesus name Amen .

No comments: