verse of the day

Sunday 21 December 2014

Understanding Gods Word. [Ephesians 4 v 10- 12 ]

I was reading a chapter in Micah and when I had read it I had to confess I had not a clue what most of it was about,but recently I have been using helps in my daily devotions,and so I  now have a better understanding of what I have read.Although I have been to Bible college many years ago,and have been a pastor,and faithfully read my Bible every day,there are still many area's of Gods word that I do not understand.The challenge and it is a wonderful challenge is to understand the Bible,its context,its message.
Consider the words spoken by Philip to the Ethiopian in Acts 8 v27,as he was reading the scriptures,/Understandest thou what thou readest?/,now Philip had been instructed by an angel to minister to this man. So it is God
has given unto his church,godly people who will minister His word,don't go along with those who say you just need the Bible.Of course we need the Bible, but all of us need help in understanding the Bible,as Christian of 50 years I have found it to be so. We are not taking away from our need of the Holy Ghosts help,those who minister Gods word need His help,likewise ourselves.I am studying the Minor Prophets at this time and I have been using a series of commentaries called,/The Bible speaks today/,I find then readable and helpful.
                                         A prayer.
Dear God help us not just read Your word,but understand Your word,we thank You, that you have raised up many godly teachers who can help us to understand what we read, we ask this in Jesus name Amen .

No comments: