verse of the day

Saturday 6 April 2013

Fear of falling. [ Jude v 24;25 ]

Just recently I had a fear of falling, I don't mean physically, I mean spiritually,after all consider David a man after Gods own heart,he fell in the most awful manner, and all the consequences of that fall.Or consider Peter who walked with Jesus ,personally heard His  teaching, witnessed his miraculous power,yet he fell,oh he fell,what a tragedy. So what hope is there me,will I stand the test as Joseph did?,will I  stand and having done all to stand?. One has to be honest, so that others who are struggling may take heart,that we are all in the same boat,prone to wander Lord I feel it,prone to leave the God I love. Alright, what we can we say about this?well it is not a sin to feel like this,it would be a sin to give into those feelings. Paul, he needed an affliction to keep him from pride, what will God send into our lives to preserve our souls?,for He will preserve us, of this I am sure ,we are told we are kept by the power of God,He is able to keep us and deliver us.John Bunyan wrote the following,
                 O world of wonders.I can say no less,
                  That I should be preserved in that distress,
                  That I have met with here,O Blessed be,
                  That hand that from it, hath delivered me.
                  Dangers in darkness,devils,hell, and sin,
                    Did compass me,while I this vale was in.
                    Yea, snares and pits, and traps,and nets did lie
                     My path about, that worthless, silly I,
                    Might have been catch'd, entangled, and cast down;
                      But since I live ,let Jesus wear the crown
A  prayer..../..Dear God have mercy upon us, deliver us from evil without, and evil within in Jesus name Amem/

No comments: