verse of the day

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Prayer ( Romans 12 v1 - 2 )

 I read this recently,'A famous writer once said there are really only two useful prayers;'Thank you,thank you,thank you', and , 'Help me,help me, help me'.I am not sure what he means by useful prayers,I recently prayed that prayer,  In 1 Thessalonians 5 v 17- 18 we read,'Pray continually,give thanks in all circumstances;for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus'.There are three  things involved in this verse, 'Prayer,giving thanks,and the will of God'. I'm sure I don't have to tell you  the importance of prayer,but how important it is?, but what about praying continually,or without ceasing, now that's a big challenge but you may ask what can we pray about continually?.I am not going to rattle off a lot of things for you to pray about. I am not talking about a legal thing, but having a spirit of prayer.The next thing is that of giving thanks in all circumstances,John Stott points out,'We cannot of course thank God'for all circumstances', including those which our evil and displeasing to Him\;but we can and should thank Him in all circumstances'or whatever happens'. Last but not least the reason we should do these things,because it is the will of God,the will of God is of great importance,and vital in our relationship with our God.

                                                                      'Dear God'

                                                     'Help us to grow in our prayer life,

                                                     Help us to be thankful people,

                                                     Help us, that our lives in all things 

                                                     may  be conformed to Your perfect will'

                                                     

No comments: