verse of the day

Tuesday 19 March 2024

No scheme of man. ( Romans 8 v 31 -39 )

                   In Stuart Townends hymn ,'In Christ alone my hope is found', the last verse  reads,

                          ' No guilt in life, no fear of death, This is the power of Christ in me,

                            From life' first to cry, to final breath,No power of hell,no scheme of man,

                            Can ever pluck me from His hand, Till He returns or calls me home,

                                                    Here in the power of Christ I'll  stand'

 The words ,'no scheme of man', the words are very reassuring,as we read God's word we see so many occasions when God overthrew the scheme of man,as they sought to harm and destroy God's people.I think of Joseph,how his brothers sought to destroy him,likewise Potiphar's wife falsely accused him of rape,and he was thrown into prison.But in the end God overthrew their wicked schemes.Moses was preserved from Pharaoh's wicked decree, Haman's plot to destroy the Jewish people came to nothing. There are many more incidences when God brought to nought the wicked schemes of men. We must keep in mind that God is sovereign, hold unto that precious truth, As the words of the hymn puts it,

                        'From  life's first cry, to final breath, No power of hell, no scheme of of man,     

                        Can ever pluck me from His hand,Till He returns or calls me home,

                                                       Here in the power of Christ I stand'

                                                      


No comments: