verse of the day

Friday 1 March 2024

Failed ( 1 Corinthians 3 v 10 - 15 )

 I was preaching recently , I had prepared as much as I could,but when I went to preach there was a moment when I lost my way a bit.No one appeared to notice it and they said  how much they appreciated  what I had said,but somehow their nice words did not change how I felt, I had failed and I confess I was discouraged.Of course the biggest critic of ones preaching is oneself,as I have said,I did all I could in preparation and prayed to God to bless my ministry. So often we loose the plot we forget that the bread and fish that fed the thousands,had first to be broken.God can take our brokenness,what we may think is a failure God can bless it.I am sure it will be a surprise to us on that day when what we have done will be evaluated,what will be burnt up and what will remain.It will not be what I think,or what others think,but what God thinks, He will test the quality of what we have done, so I rebuke myself,and leave him to judge the worth of what I have done.. I'm conscious that people may think I am talking about salvation by works,I'm not,works have no part in our salvation  (Ephesians 2 v 8-9),it is the finished work on Christ that saves us.The works are a vital evidence that we are saved,and seemingly those works that we have mentioned,  that stands God's test will receive a reward. ( 1 Corinthians 3 v 14)

No comments: