verse of the day

Sunday 17 March 2024

Forget me not. ( Luke 22 v19 )

 Daniel Defoe wrote a book called,'Journal of a Plague',  that came to London in 1665,many fled from the city,but there those who couldn't,many died.Yet there were those who survived,Defoe was one of them,he records in his Journal,as regards those who survived.'These poor recovering creatures,give them their due,appeared very sensible of their unexpected deliverance; and I should wrong them very much if I should not acknowledge that many of them were really thankful; but I must own that for the generality of the people it might too justly be said of them,as was said of the children of Israel ,after their being delivered from the host of Pharaoh, when they passed the Red sea and looked back, and saw the Egyptians overwhelmed in the water,viz, that they sang His praise, but they soon forgot His works.'' We need to continually remember Calvary,in fact we are commanded to do just that,why?because like Israel of old,we may forget , is it possible?,yes sad to say it is.

                                                  'King of my life I crown Thee now,

                                                   Thine shall the glory be;

                                                   Lest I forget Thy thorn-crowned brow,

                                                   Lead me to Calvary.'

                                                      Words Jenny E. Mussey.

No comments: