verse of the day

Friday 25 August 2023

Weakness . (Ephesians 6 v 10)

 As I have wrote previously we are all still children of Adam, and the most godly people are no different, David and Solomon are examples of that. I read of people doing awful things ,and I get angry,but then I remember, there but by the grace of God go I.Don't get me wrong  those people who do awful things should be punished,but what I am saying is,if my lower nature had its way,I could be capable of whatever. So we must stay close to God everyday ,prayerfully seeking his grace to help in our time of  need,when  we are tempted to do evil, or to do the wrong.and the devil is trying to get us to yield to that temptation.  The word of God tell us 'If you think you are standing firm,be careful that you don't fall,' (1Corinthians 10 v12). As long as we live we will be vulnerable,but the good news is that God has not left us to our devices,or vices, no,He is with us always to help us, 1 Corinthians 10 v 13 tells us ,'No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you can endure it,He can deliver us '.Let us remember God is a delivering God,continually we read how He delivered his saints of old,from their enemies,and their sins,He is  still in the business of delivering .We are all familiar of the request in the Lord's prayer Matthew 6 v 19,'Deliver us from evil',whatever is evil He can deliver us ,from falling into sin .likewise He can deliver us from sin ,

                                                ' We are weak,but our Saviour is our strength.'

No comments: