verse of the day

Tuesday 15 August 2023

My story ( James 2 v5 )

 Following on from yesterday here is my story,'As a father of 5 children, all boys I had to laugh at what I read recently,a lady said this, ''I really want another baby,but I can't afford it ''.  If  truth were told ,I could hardly afford to have any of our children.in fact from the start of my first marriage,we could afford very little.When we got married we just had the wedding ceremony,and then we went away to Donegal for  the day and then came home.I had no  qualifications,so the jobs I got were poorly paid.My then dear wife could not work, she looked after the children,of course they were different times. Government support was limited, so one had to watch the pennies,we did have an occasional holiday in a place called Newcastle beside the lovely Mountain's of  Mourne that sweep down to the sea,and I remember having  a holiday in the sea town port of Bangor..We had very few luxuries,no washing machine,or fridge,but we did manage to get a little home,a work mate loaned me the deposit,of 50 pound,one could get a house reasonably cheap in those days.So why did we decide to go to Bible college with no money ,no grant?,well one thing we had was our faith in God,and let me tell you something God never failed us, never,oh yes  we were tested but God our loving heavenly Father brought us through ,I can say this,'I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread'. (Psalm 37 v25 )

No comments: