verse of the day

Thursday 24 August 2023

A prayerful song. ( Psalm 121)

 Every generation of Christians brings with it new hymns,and songs ,there are those who don't want to accept ,the new, feel that they are inferior to the old .It is interesting in our hymn books we do not sing many of the hymns, I wonder why?.In many churches they happily sing both,I prefer that .Recently in the church I attend  we sang a lovely hymn written by Robert Robinson,the scripture that could go with it is 1 Samuel 7 v12, which reads,'Hitherto hath the Lord helped us '.

                            'Come Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

                            Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise,

                            Teach me some melodious sonnet,Sung by flaming tongues above;

                             Praise the mount I'm  fixed upon it,Mount of God's unchanging love.

                             Here I raise my Ebenezer, Hither by Thine help I'm come,

                             And I hope by Thy good pleasure safely to arrive at home.

                             Jesus sought me when a stranger, Wandering from the fold of God;

                              He, to save my soul from danger, interposed His precious blood,

                             O to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be!

                             Let that grace,Lord , like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee,

                             Prone to wander,Lord I  feel it, Prone to leave the God I love;

                              Here's my heart,Lord ,take and seal it,Seal it for Thy courts above'.


No comments: