verse of the day

Wednesday 2 August 2023

Freedom (John 8 v 34 -36 )

I am reading or popping into what was a very popular book,written by Philip Yancey called ,'What's so amazing about grace',I have just read the 13th chap of this book,it is called ,'grace healed eyes', it involves his friendship with a person called Mel in many ways a very lovely man, but ,ah there's that but, he is a homosexual.I try to love everybody by God's grace, I am not into gay bashing,of any kind,no Christian should  .He would profess to be a Christian,but is he?, he wanted to become a minister.I'm not sure if he did.So what can we say about this?,we have to realise that it is a sinful practice,it says this in the OT ,CP Lev 18 v22,and of course we can consider the judgement on Sodom and Gomorrah  CP, Genesis19.then we can turn to the NT , CP Romans 1 v 26-27 were it is called shameful.In 1 Corinthians 6 v 9 -11,we are told that gay people will not inherit the inherit the kingdom of God.We cannot change that ,as long as they continue in that activity, they will never enter God's kingdom. I know it is very hard, whatever sin we are enslaved to, (John 8 v 34 ) to break free from ,but that's where the grace of  God comes in.What is so amazing about the grace of God?,it covers many things,but two things I will emphasise, it saves us,when we put our faith in Jesus.You see it is impossible to save ourselves,it is an act of God ,CP Jonah 2 v 9.Likewise it is impossible  for us to break free from sinful practices it is  only by the grace of God can we do that.I have had my own  challenges in life, it is only by the grace of God I have overcome them,and so it will continue till God takes me home.

                                               'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free'.

                                                                 Galatians 5 v1 .

No comments: