verse of the day

Wednesday 3 May 2023

Ungrace ( Matthew 6 v 14)

 It is Philip Yancey who writes in his book, 'What's so amazing about Grace',of ungrace ,meaning those who refuse to forgive,will not utter the words,sorry. I knew a lady who who was a professing Christian,  and she was so ungracious, she sought to undermine my leadership,said unpleasant things about me,she was confrontational,I must confess I avoided her.She has now passed away, I suppose I should have went and saw her,and told Her I forgave her, the hurtful memories still remain, so I did something,I prayed a prayer, I said,' Father I forgive her'. If you are carrying hurts ,that has turned to hate,yet that person has passed away, yet for you the hate remains ,that's ungrace ,harbouring hatred and unforgiveness is not the way of grace, it is like living with a permanent open sore. It is one thing singing,' Amazing Grace' when we think of the grace God has shown to us,yet we ourselves refuse to show that grace to others.Our dear Saviour who experienced so much  hurt and hatred from His enemies,could pray while they nailed him to the cross,'Father forgive them', He wants us to follow His example. In Matthew 5 v 44 we read ,' Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you'. Why not pray that simple prayer. 'Father I forgive them'.

No comments: