verse of the day

Saturday 27 May 2023

Are you a plodder? ( 2 Timothy 4 v 7 )

 I am not a fast reader,it usually takes me awhile reading a book,but I usually get there in the end,I was encouraged to read that William Carey otherwise known as the father of modern missions, suffered  innumerable  hardships during a lifetime of missionary service ,said the following to his nephew,'' I  can plod. That is my only genius. I  can persevere in any given pursuit. To this I owe everything''. There is a lot to be said for being a plodder,there are those who start with great enthusiasm, but they give up that thing they were doing. There is an old song called ,'Old father Thames', by Raymond Wallace,here is a verse from it,

                                                'He never seems to worry

                                                 Doesn't care for fortune's fame,

                                                 He never seems to hurry

                                                 But he gets there just the same'

As Christians we are in a race, but it's not about who finishes first,it is about finishing,no matter what the difficulties, plod on ,persevere on by God's grace,don't give up.

No comments: