verse of the day

Tuesday 9 May 2023

If only. ( Proverbs 27 v1 )

 I'm sure we have all said ,'if only',if only I had checked the oil in my car, if only I'd taken the car for a test drive before I bought it.Looking back there are so many times we could say ,'if only',but it cannot be changed, although I speak from experience,I have been rescued from those situations,God is merciful,and can help us.How many  times King David must have said ,if only I had not gone out for a walk on the roof of my palace,and if only I had not looked looked and lusted after Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11),all the trouble it brought me.Take heed don't fall into the same trap as David,or  like Samson who fell for the wrong gal,he lost his sight,his freedom ,and lost his life, bringing the house down upon his head.( Judges 16 ). Consider how many people who are in a lost eternity ,they are thinking if only I had trusted Jesus,if you are not a Christian ,don't make your eternity an ,'if only eternity,' trust Jesus to be  your Saviour, now.

No comments: