verse of the day

Tuesday 2 May 2023

Lord ,is it I ? ( Matthew 26 v 21 -22 )

 There's a  David in us all, I don't mean the killer of the evil giant,but the adultery and the murderer we read of in 2 Samuel11.There is a Solomon in us all I don't mean the man who wrote that wonderful book of Proverbs,but that besotted old man  who turned to other gods,and brought judgement on Israel (1 Kings 11,There's a Peter in us all ,not that faithful disciple of Jesus ,but the one who denied Him ( Mark 14 v 67 ff).There is Demas in us all not that professing Christian and friend of Paul in the cause of Christ, but the one who forsook him because he loved this present world.The word of God  says ,'Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall ( 1 Corinthians10 v12) It was Robert Robinson who wrote that lovely hymn ,'Come Thou fount of every blessing' two lines in that hymn read ,'Prone to wander,Lord I feel it,Prone to leave the God I  love'. Unfortunately he did just that and confessed' I would give a thousand worlds,if I had then, to enjoy the feelings  I had then'. Oh God grant us grace to overcome the weak,foolishness and sinfulness of our fallen nature,may we continually seek to be under the control of God the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: