verse of the day

Sunday 14 May 2023

I would miss Him. ( Hebrews 12 v 1-2 )

 If you ask me what would be my greatest fear in life, it would be that I could go away from my lovely Saviour, I am not like Peter and the other disciples ,who said that they would never  leave and disown their Lord( Mark 14 v 27 - 31 ).No I pray I won't, for I know it could happen for I know that I am weak. I remember reading about a very blessed preacher whom God used,and sadly he went away from the Lord,many years later speaking about Jesus,he said,'I miss Him'. Very ,very sad and telling words. There are many reasons why, people turn away from the Lord,I am not going to judge them or condemn them.I remember many years ago working with a man called Alec, he was a bright Christian,yet he went away from the Lord. I remember meeting him one day,and I spoke to him,and as I did I started crying,it was all so sad.So here is vulnerable Bill writing,and I asked the question, what preventive measures can I take to keep me from leaving Jesus, there is hymn by dear Fanny Crosby the blind hymn writer, which is in essence a prayer, hear are the words, I pray and hope they will help you.

                                          'Jesus keep me near the cross; there a precious fountain,

                                           Free to all a healing stream,flows from Calvary's mountain.

                                           Near the cross,a trembling soul,love and mercy found me;

                                           There the Bright  and Morning star, she it's beams around me

                                            Near the cross ! O Lamb of God, bring it's scenes before me;

                                            Help me walk from day to day, with it's shadow o'er me.

                                            Near the cross I'll watch and wait,hoping trusting ever,

                                            Till I reach the golden strand,just beyond the river.

                                            In the cross,in the cross, be my glory ever;

                                            Till my raptured soul shall find,rest beyond the river.


                                           


No comments: