verse of the day

Monday 1 May 2023

To God be the glory. ( Philippians 4 v 20 )

 I don't want to be weak, but the fact is I am,I find myself worrying about things,I make mistakes,I get angry at times,with my dear wife,and need I go on. I know those who are reading this are saying ,shame, shame  ,take him out and stone him.Then I remind myself,I am a work in progress,by the grace of God I have come this far,you are no different ,I hope you recognise that,for He does.We have no righteousness of our own,none  whatsoever ,consider the words of Isaiah 64 v 6,'(We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags.)Dale.Ralph. Davis writes,'The living God  does not have clean material to work with. And don't get sentimental when you sing  hymns about the Potter and the clay;  remember it is only sinful( i.e., sin-full) clay  the potter works with'.Years ago I stood up to give a word of testimony,and I just a read a hymn, here's part of it,the words are by James M. Gray.

                                                ' Naught have I gotten but what I received

                                                  Grace have bestowed it since I believed

                                                  Boasting excluded, pride I abase,

                                                  I'm only a sinner saved by grace.

                                        THIS IS MY STORY ,TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

No comments: