verse of the day

Saturday 29 October 2022

The preacher.( Acts 4 v 13 )

 Many years ago while out walking  I came across a place where a tent was being taken down, it had been used to hold a gospel meeting.I knew one of the people,so I spoke to him.There was another man there who had been the preacher, I engaged in a conversation with him,and I wish I hadn't ,I mentioned I was going to  bible college,and that didn't go down to well, not much encouragement from him,I mentioned to him a friend  of mine who was a fine Christian,but the person spoke unkindly of him.The person was going to be a missionary to South Korea, I didn't respond to his unpleasantness ,but felt concerned for those he was going to minister to,and I ask myself this question in relation to him taking the gospel to South Korea,was he taken Christ with him?.Here is a general thought for all of us to consider, it is not all about preaching , important though that is, it's also about manifesting Christ in our lives.As regards that person I spoke to,yes he had just finished preaching the  gospel ,but as a young Christian I didn't see the reality of that in his life, even now I feel so sad with my encounter with that man.

No comments: