verse of the day

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Be the Magnet ( Psalm 139 v23 - 24 )

Robert Robinson lived in the 18th century,he was a minister,and the Lord blessed his ministry,he wrote the hymn,' Come Thy fount of every blessing',Here is the second  verse.

                                                   'O to grace how great a debtor

                                                    Daily I'm constrained to be!

                                                    Let Thy grace,Lord , like a fetter,

                                                    Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

                                                    Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,

                                                    Prone to leave the God I love;

                                                   Here's my heart ,Lord,take and seal it,

                                                    Seal it from Thy courts above'

It reminds me of Christian and his friend Hopeful in Pilgrims Progress who wandered of the pathway and were taken prisoner by Giant Despair and cast into the dungeon of Doubting castle. Like them we can so easily wander away from God,morally and theologically,I am reminded of two great kings who did just that,David and Solomon, Like them it would be so easy to wander away from the God we love.I found myself praying these words, 'May you Lord, be the magnet to my soul,that draws me back from wandering from You,in Jesus name'.


No comments: