verse of the day

Saturday 8 October 2022

Obeying. ( 1 Samuel 15 v 22 ) 5

 There is always consequences when one disobeys God,and the consequence affects others,just think how Adam and Eve's disobedience,has effected all of mankind,Think of the suffering brought about as regards unfaithfulness in marriage,or how a sons criminal act effects a family. The storm brought about by Jonah's disobedience was putting the whole ships company in danger.If you are tempted by whatever,be it in  financial,or the sexual realm,think of the consequences on others, especially those neatest and dearest to you. When Jonah revealed the true nature of why things were happening,they were really frightened out of their minds.Why did you do it they groaned?,for the storm was getting worse, and then they asked him what can they do to stop the storm?.Then Jonah tells them ,'throw me overboard into the sea and the storm will stop'.Very heroic,no it wasn't,all Jonah had to do was to get on his knees and pray a prayer of repentance,and obey God.It would have saved him the horror of ending up in the belly of a great fish. But no ,he was determined to  die rather than give into God's will,I will leave you with the words of a hymn by Mrs .C.H.Morris.

                                                 'My stubborn will at last hath yielded;

                                                  I would be Thine, and Thine alone;

                                                  And this my prayer my lips are bringing,

                                                  Lord,let in me Thy will be done.

                                                  Sweet will of God,still fold me closer,

                                                  Till I am wholly lost in Thee;

                                                  Sweet will of God, still fold me closer,

                                                  Till I am wholly lost in Thee'

No comments: