verse of the day

Friday 21 October 2022

Grace ( 2 Peter 3 v 18 )

 I found myself  singing words from that well known hymn ,'Come Thou fount of every blessing',by Robert Robinson,it was the last verse of that hymn that blessed me. Here are the words,'O to grace how great a debtor,daily I'm constrained to be.' Grace, what is the grace of God?,it describes,'God's unmerited love and favour', and I would add it comes through Jesus the Son of God. Grace falls into two categories, 'Common',and,'Particular', common grace is described by someone as the protection and care God gives to all His creatures, regardless of their relationship with Him'.Our Saviour taught that God makes the sun to  rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5 v45 ). Particular grace relates to salvation,and all aspects of our lives,God saves us by grace,keeps us by grace,and blesses those who are His, daily,with His special care and love.So from the moment I was conceived and born till now I have experienced the grace of God,and will continue to experience it ,till I go to heaven.As a Christian I am so grateful for His grace that has been granted to me,especially for the grace that saved me,when I trusted Jesus as my Saviour.

                                                        '  O to grace how great a debtor

                                                          Daily I'm constrained to be!

                                                          Let Thy grace,Lord, like a fetter,

                                                          Bind my wandering heart to Thee,'

                                                                       R.Robinson.

                                                     

No comments: