verse of the day

Saturday 6 August 2022

Take all of me ( John 3 v16)( 1 ) Romans 12

 I remember reading of a lady who suffered from severe mental illness, she said,'that her mind hated her', I think that we all at times feel that we have no control over our  minds. In Romans 12 v 1-2  we read,' Therefore ,I urge you, brothers  and sisters, in view of God's mercy,to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing  to God- this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . Then you will be able to test and approve what's God's will is- His good ,pleasing and perfect will'.Now there is a lot in these verses ,to challenge us,to aid us in our Christian life,and being conformed to Christ. It commences with the word,'Therefore',  The apostle has been writing about  what God has achieved for us ,because of Christ dying for us,we have by faith in Christ been justified,( 5 v1) ,we are no longer condemned   (12 v1) In the light of such mercy we are called,to live a sacrificial and holy life to God which is pleasing to God,that means our whole being,our bodies and our minds.It was C.T. Studd  who said,/I had known about Jesus dying for me,but I never  understood that if He died for me, then I didn't belong to myself.Redemption means buying back, so that if I belonged to Him, either I had to be a thief  and keep what wasn't mine, or else I  had to give up everything to God'.

                                                    'Fill Thou my life ,O my God,

                                                     In every part with praise

                                                     That my whole being may proclaim

                                                      Thy being and Thy ways.

                                                      So shall no part of day or night

                                                       From sacredness be free;

                                                       But all my life, in every step,

                                                       Be fellowship with Thee.

                                                            Words Horatius Bonar.


No comments: